Link

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Logsdon Pulls Out of GA Insurance Commissioner Race

Harold Logsdon's hopes of becoming Georgia's next Insurance Commissioner were put on hold this week.

"It is with great disappointment that I announce today that I will not be qualifying to become Georgia's next Insurance Commissioner," said Logsdon, Wednesday afternoon.

Logsdon, the former Mayor of Peachtree City, began campaigning for the seat currently held by John Oxendine almost a year ago. However, Friday afternoon, Logsdon was diagnosed with prostate cancer.

"We have spent the last few days considering all the options," said Logsdon. "But, first and foremost, is addressing the cancer. I must consider my health.

"I am extremely disappointed that I have to pull out of the race," he added. "We really felt like we had a strong message for all Georgians and felt we could make a difference in 2010."

Logsdon will undergo surgery in the near future, and is expecting a full recovery.

"We had hoped to stay in the race, but it is not possible at this time," said Logsdon.

"But I would like to take the time to thank everyone who worked for me, contributed to my campaign and showed confidence in me to become Georgia's next Insurance Commissioner.

"There are some very good candidates in this race, and Georgia voters will need to study the qualifications carefully. This office is extremely important to all Georgians."

Logsdon would not rule out another political race in the future.

"I am disappointed that I won't be able to finish this race, but everyone faces disappointment and adversity in their life," said Logsdon.

"However, I am committed to serving the people of Georgia. I will find other ways to do that for the immediate future, and then think about what the political future holds for me."
---
Community News You Can Use
Click to read MORE news:
www.GeorgiaFrontPage.com
Twitter: @gafrontpage
www.ReadMyLipstickNetwork.com
Twitter: @readmylipstick
www.ArtsAcrossGeorgia.com
www.Hummingbird-Hollow.com
Twitter: @hhpotterystudio
---

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments. However, we will NOT post any comments with links, email addresses, or NEGATIVE contents. Keep it family friendly please. If you support a candidate, let us know. If you want to attack a candidate we'd suggest you find another blog.