Link

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

PSC Commissioner Bobby Baker Announces Will Seek Relection

Dear Friends:

I had hoped to let you know before you read it in the newspaper that, after long and careful consideration, I have decided not to seek a fourth term on the Public Service Commission. This has not been an easy decision for Joselyn and me, but it is the right one. I sincerely appreciate the trust and support you and Georgia voters have given to me over the past 18 years.

My tenure on the Public Service Commission has been challenging and exciting. I joined the Commission in 1992 when I was the only statewide elected Republican official, and the GOP was a struggling minority party. Consumers had no choice as to who their utility provider was for telephone or natural gas service. That has all changed.

Over the years I have worked on hundreds of cases that have had a direct impact on millions of Georgia consumers. Deregulation of the transportation, telecommunications and natural gas industries have created hundreds of new businesses and given Georgia consumers more service options. Balancing ratepayer interests with sound regulatory policy has enabled Georgia's economy to grow and prosper.

Commitment, accountability and openness are the guiding principles I have followed as a public servant. Commitment to treating the job as a full-time position. Accountability to the consumers who pay the bills every month. Openness in the operation and decision making process of the Public Service Commission. I have been proud to serve the people of this State and hope that my contributions have made a positive difference.

Many new challenges face Georgia and I hope to continue to contribute to the betterment of our State.

Once again, thank you very much for your help and support over the years.

Best regards,
Bobby

0 comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your comments. However, we will NOT post any comments with links, email addresses, or NEGATIVE contents. Keep it family friendly please. If you support a candidate, let us know. If you want to attack a candidate we'd suggest you find another blog.