Event marks the importance of the TEA Party/912 movement in this year's political campaigns.
The conservative group North Georgia 912 today announced the candidates that have confirmed for the Rapid Fire BBQ Candidate Forum on July 10th 2010, just 10 days prior to the primary elections. The group has invited candidates qualified by the State of Georgia for local, state and federal offices to discuss their stand on issues ranging from the recently passed health care legislation to the upcoming immigration debate.
"2010 is the year of the educated voter. I've never seen so many people so involved in the political process; from researching candidates to getting out to meet and greet events to talk to the candidates," said event organizer Mary Adamski. "Our members and fellow patriots from around the state of Georgia are taking an active interest in the candidates this election cycle. We are educated, we are engaged and we are motivated. We want principled and valued candidates that will truly represent us."
North Georgia 912 announced the confirmed candidates as follows:
· Jeff Chapman and Ray McBerry, candidates for Governor
· Doug MacGinnitie, candidate for Secretary of State
· Clay Cox, Chuck Efstration, Jef Fincher, Jody Hice, Tom Kirby, and Rob Woodall, candidates for
US Congressional District 7
· Tom Graves, Lee Hawkins, Bobbi Reese, and Steve Tarvin, candidates for US Congressional
· Gary Black and Darwin Carter, candidates for Agriculture Commissioner
· Sam Olens, Preston Smith, and Max Wood, candidates for Attorney General
· Seth Harp, Tom Knox, and Gerry Purcell, candidates for Insurance Commissioner
· Will Costa and Melvin Everson, candidates for Labor Commissioner
· John Douglas, Tim Echols, and Jeff May, candidates for Public Service Commissioner
· John Barge and Richard Woods, candidates for State School Superintendent
North Georgia 912 has also confirmed Inger Eberhart, well-known anti-illegal immigration activist and on the Board of the Dustin Inman Society, to be their keynote speaker.
The Rapid Fire BBQ will be held on July 10th from 3 PM to 8 PM at Bogan Park, 2723 North Bogan Road, Buford, Ga. The event is open to the public. Music and entertainment will be courtesy of Phillip Rogers. Tickets for the event are available at the BBQ. The audience will be able to participate in a straw poll after listening to the candidates. All who are interested are asked to RSVP to email@example.com.
Community News You Can Use
Click to read MORE news:
Also check out :